Also, to be improve operational issues, one needs to be a problem solver. Albert Einstein once said, “If I had an hour to solve a problem, I’d spend 55 minutes thinking about the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions.”
Mike Byrnes, President of Byrnes Consulting, LLC, attended TD Ameritrade Institutional’s National LINC conference.
Read Mike’s Financial Advisor article he wrote while attending a breakout session about fostering a culture of continual improvement to learn:
- Why having the right people in the right roles is critical.
- What questions to ask when solving problems, including asking “Why?” over and over.
- Why to have metrics in place to measure operational efficiency.
- Why documenting major processes creates several benefits.
- How the Post-It method, the swim lane tactic and fishbone approach can help when drafting a process.
- Why, when problem-solving, it is important to get to the root cause of the problem.
Need help improving the operational efficiency of your organization?
Contact Byrnes Consulting for assistance.