Watch this video with five business planning best practices:
1. Have a mission. Know what the purpose of the business is and everything else will fall in place.
2. Put it on paper. Your documented business plan will not lock your feet in cement, but it will keep you accountable (even if you own your own firm).
3. Prioritize. The more business initiatives in progress, the less time there is to do each one well, so dedicate a majority of the resources to the most important objectives.
4. Determine the BEST goals. Byrnes Consulting’s acronym for:
• business driven
5. Establish metrics for success. Once you define what success is, you can then track and analyze your results on a regular basis to make sure you are making progress throughout the year.
Read more advice on business planning.
If you do not have a business plan or need help improving your existing plans, contact Byrnes Consulting.