Here are highlights from an article written to show 10 tips for developing your business without coming across like a used-car salesman.
1. Be a problem solver – not a salesman
2. Educate – don’t pitch
3. Have your clients sell for you
4. Take a team approach
5. Don’t be all things to all people
6. Develop and further relationships – don’t sell
7. Take a comprehensive approach
8. Do an inventory
9. Get permission to conduct research
10. Be well known
Bonus. Compliment your competitors
Read the full article written by Mike Byrnes at RIABiz, an online advisor community.