Business planning don’ts
Don’t just keep your plan in your head
- Putting your plan on paper helps you
- hold your business accountable
- define your strategies and prioritize major initiatives
- identify metrics for success
Don’t make your plan too cumbersome
- It is good to have details, but avoid making it overwhelming
Don’t be short sighted
- Know how your short-term initiatives fit into the larger long-term plan
Don’t let your plan gather dust
- Dedicate reoccurring time to review your goals
Don’t set your plan in stone
- If new opportunities arise, don’t be afraid to reevaluate your priorities
Please share some of your best business planning tips!
And if you need help doing a business plan, contact Mike Byrnes for an initial consultation.