Ten ingredients of a strong mission statement.
- It should provide a direction for an organization, challenging it to move forward.
- It should be clear.
- It should be concise (ie. no more than three sentences .)
- It needs to be professionally written, but in the voice of the organization.
- It needs to be easy to remember and recite.
- Although it is not permanent, it should be written for the long term.
- It shouldn’t be too restrictive, as change is always constant.
- It should help differentiate a firm from the competition.
- It should resonate with the appropriate target market(s).
- It should educate strategic alliances and centers of influence.
Need help determining your mission statement and strategic direction? Contact Byrnes Consulting.